Version 2.7 should be a major upgrade into the WordPress software. Here are some of the changes that it brings:
- new interface to make it easier to perform the admin tasks
- customization options on the admin screens
- the ability to reply to comments from the dashboard
- embed support for comments threading
- drag and drop support on some sections
The most exciting stuff is the automatic upgrade. From now when new versions get released all you will have to do is one click, and the software will take care of the rest. I am sure this will make WordPress a much more secure software, too.